Know Everything about dengue fever symptoms: Dengue virus
Millions of people fall prey to dengue worldwide every year. According to research, 390 million dengue infections occur every year all over the world. Of which 96 million people become sick. The most risk of dengue is in the Indian subcontinent, South East Asia, Southern- China, Taiwan, Pacific Island, Mexico, Africa, Central, and South America. By the way, dengue fever is most common in South East Asia and Western Pacific Island. In the last 10 to 12 years, the number of dengue patients in India has also increased continuously. In September 2015, 1872 people reported dengue disease in New Delhi. dengue fever symptoms
Dengue fever symptoms
Although the cause of dengue fever is the bite of a particular species of mosquito, this mosquito only serves to transmit the disease, in fact, dengue is a viral disease. It finds extensively in the tropical and sub-tropical sectors of the world. Mild dengue causes high fever, pain in muscles and joints. While severe dengue, also known as hemorrhagic fever, blood pressure decreases suddenly and may occur until the patient’s death. dengue fever symptoms
Causes of Dengue Fever
- Accumulation of water around the house.
- Consumption of infected water and food.
- Dengue cannot understand by just looking at the symptoms, for which tests should be done on the advice of the doctor. Dengue fever confirms only after the blood tests. In 3-4 days, the patient’s body is unable to fight against the dengue virus and it starts growing. The symptoms of dengue take 3 to 15 days to appear, these symptoms never come immediately after the bite of a mosquito.
- Dengue can start with other diseases like eye pain, loss of appetite, back pain, severe headache, chills, fever.
- The pain starts in the joints within an hour of the spread of blood of the dengue virus and a person may also get fever up to 104 degrees. Reduced heart rate with hypotension, rapid fall in blood pressure are also symptoms of dengue. Apart from this, reddening of the eyes, appearing pink rash on the face, inflammation in lymph can also be an indicator of dengue.
- But all these symptoms occur only in the first phase of dengue which can last up to 4 days.
- After that, the second phase begins, in which by now the increased body temperature decreases and starts sweating. But before this, the body temperature becomes normal, and the patient starts feeling better, but it does not last more than 1 day and in this way, the symptoms of dengue begin to appear. dengue fever symptoms
- In the third phase of dengue, the body temperature starts to increase more than before, the red rash which was till now only on the face, now starts appearing on the whole body along with the face.
- Mosquitoes are the biggest cause of dengue.
- There are 4 types of dengue viruses. These viruses resemble the West Nile infection and Yellow Fever. It also calls break-bone fever.
- Dengue fever can cause any one of the 4 types of viruses. In fact, dengue is not a disease spread by mutual contact with humans. A medium needs to transfer its virus and these mediums are mosquitoes. If a person has dengue once, after recovering from it, a special antibody is made in the body for that virus. Due to which the body’s immunity to that virus increases.
- Dengue viruses fall into the Flaviviridae or yellow virus family. These are RNA viruses. Other viruses in this family are viruses of the Yellow Fever, viruses from the West Nile, viruses of encephalitis of St. Louis, viruses of Japanese encephalitis, viruses of encephalitis of tick-borne, viruses of disease of Kaysanur forest and viruses of fever Omsk snowmelt.
- It has found that almost all diseases of this virus spread by mosquitoes known as anthropods and these viruses are also known as arboviruses.
- Dengue virus genomes find in the middle of a range of 11000 nucleotide bases that code for three other types of proteins – E, C, M. These proteins help to form particles of the virus and also form 7 other types of proteins, namely, NS5, NS4a, NS2b, NS1, NS2a, NS3, NS4b. Most of these proteins found in infected host cells where replication of the virus occurs.
- DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3, and DENV-4: – Any one of these 4 viruses can cause dengue fever. These are actually 4 serotypes of dengue virus.
Prevention of mosquitoes
- Dengue viruses are most active in the morning and evening only, that is why it is advisable to take special measures to avoid them at this time, although it is important to avoid mosquitoes with dengue virus in the afternoon and night as well. dengue fever symptoms
- Tropical and sub-tropical areas for dengue are very sensitive to this, so travelling in such an area should be avoided. And even if travelling, all the rescue measures should be ensured.
- To avoid mosquitoes, it is important not to allow water to accumulate at any place, such as in a cooler. In any corner of the house, in a tub, bucket or drum. And if any water or container is collecting water for some reason, So keep it covered or use alum so that mosquito cannot flourish in that water.
- To eliminate the mosquito’s habitat, clean the water once a week, and also maintain cleanliness. Do not allow such a place where mosquitoes can lay their eggs. For this, water should not be collected in any place for more than a week. Do not allow the water stored in the container. The water in the water tank kept for the animals to drink or the flower pots.
- Throw out all the garbage in the house at the right time, do not collect it for a long time, especially kitchen waste and biowaste, because the mosquito colony will get a place to grow if garbage or dirt accumulates.
- From time to time, spraying the mosquito-killing drug, but also read the instructions written on it. Because sometimes these sprinkles are so fast that it can be fatal for humans too.
- Therefore, if you are visiting a dengue affected area. Then you must protect yourself, such as staying away from mosquito areas, walking with mosquito repellent or etc.
- Ensure your safety by staying in a cool and clean room at the exit of the sun, as the chances of mosquitoes at a low temperature are reduced to a great extent.
- Walk around wearing protective clothing. Whenever visiting a dengue-prone area. Or in any area where there is an excess of dirt and there is a possibility of mosquitoes to thrive, cover the body beforehand. If possible, wear socks and foot socks in your hands and your Mouth should also be covered with cloth. In this way, the area of your body will reduce where there may be a possibility of a mosquito bite. Avoid wearing dark-coloured clothes, because mosquitoes can attract to these clothes, so wear only light-coloured full sleeve clothes.
- You can also apply Mosquito repellent such as Permethrin on your clothes, you can also apply this chemical on your clothes, shoes, capsules, bed net, but remember that it is useful to apply on your skin. The concentration of DEET should be up to 10 per cent in the permethrin used.
- Use natural mosquito repellents such as marigold and lemongrass.
Precautions from Dengue
- In 2016, the World Health Organization also produced vexing for dengue called Sanofi Pasteur Dengvexia (CYD-TDV). Where dengue epidemics spread, it gives to people between 9 to 45 years of age.
- Dengue fever vexing Dengvexia has approved only for older children because they are less susceptible to severe dengue and need to be taken to the hospital after 2 years of applying vexing.
- The World Health Organization has said that applying vexing is not so effective, for this it is necessary to control the mosquito population.
- Dengue is recognized only by the symptoms of dengue and the patient has a history of travelling to check his travel. So that the doctor can find out if he has visited any dengue affected area.
- However, even after all this, the doctor instructs to get blood and other clinical tests done. The reason for this is that many other diseases like leptospirosis, typhoid, yellow fever, scarlet fever, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, meningococcemia, malaria, chikungunya, food-poisoning and many other diseases are closely related to it.
- In such a situation, if the patient has a terrible 104 Fahrenheit fever and the doctor is unable to understand from the initial examination, then further tests do identify dengue and distinguish it from other diseases.
- Most physicians conduct a complete blood test (CBC). In which the number of RBCs presents in the blood as well as platelets and white blood cells such as monocyte, basophils, eosinophils, and basophils also know. Decreasing the number of platelets and white blood cells indicates the possibility of dengue.
- Apart from this, spinal tapes also use along with blood culture and urine culture in the event of headaches so that there can a differentiation between dengue and other diseases.
- The immunoglobin M-based test (MAC-ELISA assay) can also use to test dengue fever. However several other tests are also available which are based on the immunological response of the patient’s dengue virus. Such as immunoglobins-ELISA (IgG-ELISA), dengue viral plaque reduction test and PCR test are the main ones. dengue fever symptoms
- It spreads by mosquitoes of the species named Aedes aegypti. It spreads when a mosquito has bitten a patient first. And then has bitten a healthy person and transported the virus of dengue to that healthy blood as well.
- These mosquitoes are most commonly found in the latitude of 35 degrees south and 35 degrees north. Aedes mosquitoes attack in the morning and evening. Humans are like a host for this, even a single bite of a mosquito creates the possibility of disease. However, due to the presence of dengue virus in the patient’s blood. It can spread from infected blood or from organ donation.
- The probability of this disease prevails in children under 10 years of age. It was observed that the death rate in children due to dengue fever varies from 6 to 30%. And the chances of death due to dengue in children less than one year increase.
Doctors avoid the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen. And other NSAIDs for the treatment of dengue as the dengue virus has tendencies to haemorrhage. And NSAID may further increase this snowfall. Another acetaminophen (Tylenol), codeine, and other agents that do not contain NSAID are used for this.
The patient may need treatment in the hospital in the event of more severe dengue-like conditions such as hemorrhagic and shock syndrome. Requiring additional supportive treatment, in which the patient is in urgent need of IV fluid hypertension, blood transfusion. Platelet transfusion, blood pressure support, and other intensive care
Home remedy or treatment for dengue fever
Home remedies for dengue can prove to be helpful, but can never be completely dependent on home remedies. For this, the leaves of the papaya tree can extract and use. This increases the number of platelets in the body. But research is still going on on this. So scientists do not consider this method completely useful and advise to contact the doctor as soon as symptoms of dengue see. dengue fever symptoms
Some other remedies besides:
- Rest and keep taking the liquid, during this time there should be no shortage of water in the body. So drink the powder as advised by the doctor.
- There is no medicine for it. But doctors treat it on their own and give medicines to avoid its side effects. Which should be taken on time.
- Eat paracetamol for fever on the advice of the doctor. Do not take it if the doctor refuses to take medicines like aspirin.
- Keep cleanliness at home and around you.
- Do not allow water to be collected anywhere, like coolers, pots.
- Sprinkle medicines to avoid mosquitoes.
- Keep doors and windows closed in the evening so that mosquitoes do not come.
- Children should be specially protected from mosquitoes.
- Dengue fever leads to loss of blood, due to which a person dies. So keep a balanced diet to keep the blood volume equal.
- The patient of dengue should be fed juice of papaya leaves, this blood loss is complete.
- Although dengue is not such a deadly and dreaded infectious disease. It is still necessary to take preventive measures and start treatment with immediate identification. dengue fever symptoms